Saturday, November 7, 2009

YOU GOT SPAM

Entry from the diary of one J.T. Ryan dated 4th of June, 2006.

I blinked hard. Real hard as I stared at the glowing red number.
666. I had spam.
Now that is no cause for concern for most web users. But ME. My name is J.T. Ryan.
Caution is my middle name. The only way I could get spam was if I was sending it. Let me elaborate. You see, I am a very paranoid person. I do not ''roam'' the web as most people do.
The only site that can count me as a frequent visitor is my mail client. I just don't need the WWW.
I go out, read, sing and waste my time working for an insurance company. That is why I am bugged.
I hardly get 50 mails a month. But the spam - at least 500 since the last Friday.
Still the number was not what worried me. It was the sender or senders. And of course, the content.
Streams of numbers. Random digits interspersed with a couple of alphabets. The pattern was always the same.
3 lines. 16 characters per line.
My first thought was that it was a code. So, I passed a couple of them on to a mathematician friend. He confirmed what I thought. It was a message, alright. He said he would decode it in about a week.
I let go of the worry and went out for the weekend with my girlfriend, Stacy. She was a sweet girl, a bit crazy and weird but still I liked her. She was a pre-school teacher and also an amateur sushi chef. Blue eyes and a cherubic smile. She was my dream girl.

J.T. never came back. He was found murdered in a hotel - 'Blue Oyster'. It was on the highway. A knife through the heart. Lots of blood. Investigators could not find any clues at the hotel. They placed the death at 6 in the morning of 6th of June. They searched his belongings and also his house. They found an incoherent and blood spattered Stacy at his house. With the knife. And saying "J.T." repeatedly. They also found a single unread message in his in-box.

From mathwiz@gmail.com,
Dude, I don't know what to tell you. The message says - "Stay away from blue oysters and sushi chefs on 666". And that is not even the strangest thing. I swear I am not lying but It Is Signed J.T. Ryan.

As He Said Before The Only Way He Would Get Spam Was If He Was Sending It.

1 comment:

  1. Nice story..! Amateur sushi chef :P ha!
    +1

    A change re.. July is 07, June is the month.
    But,an awesome one!

    ReplyDelete