Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Love In The Weather

They met in the summer of '99
She used to be lead on channel 9,
Old he looked; living through pain
It looked like it was going to rain

She was sitting on a park bench
One look was all it took for him to say:

You are like the westerlies; strong and beautiful
You breeze through like a cyclone subtropical,
When I saw you first it hit me like a ball of lightning
I had fallen in love, the realisation dawning

Wat say you, wanna grab a cup of coffee?

She looked at him without a smile and said:
Good sir, what is this farce? I don't even know you
Look at me and then look at you,
You are July and I am May
What then do you expect me to say?

She got up and walked away,
But He stood his ground
and recited from memory -

I'll want you 'til there's no arctic ice
until places are flooded I'll be nice.

She stopped in her tracks, looked back
And said with a knowing smile,

Though sometimes fail my memory does
I think the first two lines are these,

I'll love you till 'tis cold in December
It's you i'll desire when cometh September,

I heard what the doctor said,
And darling i m not one bit afraid,
At the best of times, we may not be together
But the test of time, our love shall weather.

1 comment: