Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week-a-pedia

Truth is for suckers, Johnny boy
Charlie Sheen as Charlie Sheen in Being John Malkovich.
I guess he is finding out now. Get your act together, man!

I saw Being John Malkovich. If you think Inception is cool, Being John Malkovich is a definite recommendation. It does not have the snazzy story-telling, the flawless action sequences and the mind-numbing tension. In fact, it does not need all those.
After watching it, my head is no longer the safe place I thought it was.

Samhain is a Gaelic festival held on October 31–November 1. The Irish name Samhain is derived from Old Irish and means roughly "summer's end". The West usually calls it Halloween.

Google has put up a Halloween themed doodle or it will soon. This brings me to my favourite Halloween themed picture ever.




Antonio Lucio Vivaldi , was an Italian Baroque composer, priest, and virtuoso violinist, born in Venice. His best known work is a series of violin concertos known as The Four Seasons. I heard it today. I have been enlightened.

I ran into a couple of older Doods, at a xerox place. They had week-old beards, cigarettes idly lounging between their lips, making xerox copies of classical sheet music to play on guitars and basking in a peculiar air of 'coolness'.
I was xeroxing a final year project report.

I asked one of the guys(or was it uncle?) what they were doing with the sheet music. He said 'We are taking xeroxes'. Never felt more lame.

Finally, in my project presentation I was asked ''Why your product?''
I replied with Thomas L. Friedman's classic quote

The only reason for a new product is to make people's lives more productive, more comfortable or more fun

She said, ''This is not the right time to use a quote''.

Oh, hum. College profs- can't live with them, can't bear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment