Sunday, April 3, 2011

02.04.2011

I went out and hugged random people.


I never do that. I have problems with being touched. Tonight, I dropped all inhibitions. I was happy and I showed it.

Of course a word for the team. Well played.


Yuvraj's shot had 'le bhencho' written over it.  Gambhir, you crazy mofo. Crafted innings.
Dhoni, resounding six. Expression #likeafuckinboss.

One very loud, ''Tujhya aaicha touch n gho.'' was shouted on the street. There was a high risk of me cussing loudly in the living room. With, the winning six, we did not just win. We broke down a barrier. We tore down the iron curtain and seized control with our powerful backhands and impeccable timing. A sound was heard all around.

Like a tracerbullet, that my friends is the sound of victory.

Congratulations. We hit rock bottom in 2007. The memories have been wiped out.
We have listened to our parents going on about 1983. We will make our kids listen about 2011.
For Sachin and the Whole Team, for that crazy painted guy, for the girls with the banners and for anyone who  has lived here since 1983.
2011 is our 1983.   


Wellofcourse, In the immortal words of Fergie, whom Yuvraj quoted "Tonight's Gonna Be A GoodNight!"

3 comments:

  1. Tonight's going to be a good night. Pagal bana diya. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. Liked it. (: Share the sentiments with you. This fucked up ankle didn't allow me to run to the streets. But never mind. I shouted out from the windows instead and made people look up and curse me. I am happy.

    Congrats for the win.

    Good night. Sweet dreams (I doubt whether they'd be sweeter than reality though!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all win in one way or the other :D
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete