Saturday, January 1, 2011

Constant of Change


British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan to the Parliament of South Africa, on 3 February 1960 in Cape Town made a speech.
The speech acquired its name from a now-famous quotation embedded in it. Macmillan said:
The wind of change is blowing through this continent. Whether we like it or not, this growth of national consciousness is a political fact.


I have been an errant blogger and not a very good one. I don't intend to change that.
For I am no blogger. I am or fancy myself to be a writer. I intend to continue to honour my promise to no one in particular and experiment with the blog.
But from here onwards, it shall predominantly be a voice, a thought or that oh-so-itchy obscure cultural reference.
Over this year, however it may be, I shall try to be constant through this change. I will grow bored eventually but I shall persevere to preserve this promise, to be true to myself.

You know that whistle intro to The Scorpions' Wind of Change. Yes that. I shall try to be that.
However the need to end on a joke persists, no resolution ipsum.

No comments:

Post a Comment