Sunday, May 12, 2013

Quit Twitter : Day 3


I woke up thinking of the word febrile.

Modern Family is that rare gem of a television show that I hate for its saccharine sweetness and alluring simplicity and then hate myself for hating something for the aforementioned qualities.

Found a musty old folder somewhere in the dark recesses of my teenage mind's angst compartment.
Nativity in Black, a Black Sabbath tribute album Volume 1.
"Supernaut" performed by Ministry side- project 1000 Homo DJs.
"Children of the Grave" by White Zombie seems like something Marilyn Manson copied later.
"Black Sabbath" performed by one of my favourite metal bands of the '90s: Type O Negative. (The iconic three-note riff is done on piano & a nice organ sound near the end.)
"War Pigs" by Faith No More is a live version. "The Wizard" has Rob Halford singing.
"Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath" has Bruce Dickinson.

Ate meat after what feels like ages but actually could be last week.

I think people will still watch Casablanca even when they need to get to meetings in treepods on their jetpacks. It is a timeless pop-cultural milestone.

Isn't it great when lyrics feel like they are made just for you?
"Lying snowblind in the sun / Will my ice age ever come?"

Watched Upstream Colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment