Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Quit Twitter : Day 5

ONLY 5??!!
Feels like a lot more.

Guy from my engineering batch, also was my roomate for some time, got married. I panicked till someone told me he was two years older.

You know how you meet someone who is such a breath of freshness in your citizen kane aspect ratio life that you feel more wes anderson colour scheme? All you want to do is talk to them all the time. All the while worrying about verbal missteps that you might make and sour things up.
All you want is them to john hughes like you. It isn't pretty. It is stupid.

I am not entirely sure quitting twitter has changed anything. I still seek digital distractions a.k.a. mobile phone more than anything else. Mostly because of afore mentioned person being easily accessible via mobile phone. I have made the web browser my new centre of affection. I reload pages hoping for magic.
It is unseemly.

In my enthusiasm, I grossly misjudged the hold my digital demons have on me and I started reading a couple of things. By my estimate, I am reading at least seven nine books right now. Scary thing: I know exactly what is going on in each of them.

cripple. (adj.) (masquerades as noun) a good true word; politically incorrect equivalent of physically handicapped.

Every breath I take
Every move I make
Every bond I break
Every step I take
reminds me.

It is easy to blame this state of my being as the cause of every character flaw I have. It is convenient. Probably untrue. But hey a straw is a straw. I hate to use it to my advantage but I can't really ignore it. I think the real problem is I am in the twilight zone. There is nothing visibly wrong with me and for me that is worse.

In some future/s, when cyborgs are cool and the new hipsters, I will fit in.
Till then I will listen to Daft Punk's latest, Random Access Memories.
INSTANT CRUSH TOUCH CONTACT MOTHERBOARD 

No comments:

Post a Comment